Dear Administrative Professional,
High-end Accounting Firm seeks an administrative professional who is willing to work hard, is personable, and is career and goal oriented. We have long-term opportunities available for the right people who are willing to work hard, be responsible, and earn our trust. Our pay rates are higher than average, and only serious applicants should apply.
The Right Person:
- Loves working with people and offering support to professional staff
- Serious professional willing to learn our way of doing things
About the Job:
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and route to appropriate staff member
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and mail
- Make client appointments for Managing Partner and Tax Manager
- Manage intake of client tax work papers and routing to professional staff
- Type transmittal letters and assemble information for outgoing work product
- Contact clients for pickup of their tax returns or other work we’ve prepared for them
- File and retrieve client files for professional staff as needed
- Manage the logistics of client files – hard copy and scanned version – between the office and the offsite storage
- Assist with billing mailings (invoices and statements)
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, making orders when needed
- Interface with vendors for service and maintenance of office machinery and building equipment
- Maintain overall orderly and clean office environment
- Take initiative in organizing and supporting office systems and processes by creating new forms in MS Word, MS Excel, or a PDF program
- Run errands for the company as directed by the Office Manager or Operations Manager.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned and/or needed
- People skills and personality – must LOVE working with people! (If your personality is pessimistic, complaining, or lazy, please don’t waste our time or yours.)
- Like spending time interfacing with clients
- Understand that people need to be guided to ensure a successful tax and accounting experience
- Computer savvy- You must know how to send business quality emails
- Detail oriented- You must enjoy keeping things organized and followed-up upon
- Be willing to learn and ask questions, not sit waiting for instructions on what to do
- We are not babysitters; you need to be on-time and be a professional
- Willing and eager to help us improve and grow our business
What About Pay?:
This position is hourly ($13 – $15/hour DOE) with employer paid health insurance and Simple IRA with an employer match.
Show Us What You’ve Got:
- We are not looking for excuse makers. We want natural problem solvers. When you show up each day, you are ready to work hard and be rewarded.
- This is not a show up and sit there kind of job. If you perform, we will see it and you will be rewarded.
- What we want is to find the right person who takes ownership and a real interest in doing high quality work helping people enjoy their experience with our company.
- If this describes you, then you will do great with our company and be rewarded very well.
Now we would like to see a little proof of your skills: